The China Health and Retirement Longitudinal Study (CHARLS) aims to collect a high quality nationally representative sample of Chinese residents ages 45 and older to serve the needs of scientific research on the elderly. Four waves of CHARLS national sample survey are carried out in 2011, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
The project team of CHARLS is now recruiting postdoctoral research fellow directed by Professor Yaohui Zhao, PI of CHARLS, at the National School of Development of PKU. This is a two-year position, funded by Peking University “Boya” Postdoctoral Fellowship.
No. of positions: 1-2
Successful candidates are expected to work with the CHARLS team to produce research papers and reports.
· PhD degree from reputable universities in fields of applied micro-econometrics. Economics PhD is preferred but that in demography, sociology and public health will also be considered.
· Strong analytical ability and proficiency in STATA to handle survey data.
· Excellent English writing abilities.
· Non-Chinese applicants are welcome.
Salary & Remuneration
Annual salary is 185,000 RMB or commensurate with qualification.
Low-rent housing is provided or housing subsidy of 45,000 RMB a year.
Materials applicants should provide:
• Job market paper or other papers that can demonstrate research capacity;
• Two reference letters.
All materials must be sent to Prof. Zhao at email@example.com no later than Mar. 17，2017.
Admitted candidates may be required to provide extra material for “Boya” Postdoctoral Fellowship application.